Wednesday, February 17, 2010

John Mayer

Today I experienced something so wonderful. I have been waiting to see Mr. Mayer since I was 13 years old and today it finally happened! He is sensational and a gifted musician and I am so happy that I got to experience that. Shereen and I had the unfortunate experience of sitting with the most boring people on the face of this Earth! They were sitting down the whole time and not even so much as a bob! CHAMOOON NOW!

Recently John Mayer has been getting a lot of slack for his inappropriate (and slightly racist) comments. I'll admit me and Shereen were hating on him before the concert BUT we realised that he is only human and we all make mistakes. Throughout the concert he proved to us that what he said was not so much misinterpreted, but he just did not phrase himself correctly. Regardless, what I like about him is his music and that never ceases to amaze me!


The opening act was insanely brilliant, everyone go listen RIGHT NOW to Michael Franti and Spearhead. AMAZING!! Great energy on stage and off. Michael Franti constantly encouraged audience participation and even spent the majority of the show with the crowd. He was brilliant! Their sound is reggae-ish and just wowwwwww. :)

1 comment:

  1. AAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I'm so jealousssss I wanted to see him here but the tickets ran out in less than an hour :(

    ReplyDelete