Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Damn the man! Save the Empire!

Lately there has been a noticeable rise in the number of days in which I have to tell myself:
"I must NOT drop out of school. I must NOT drop out of school."

This might sound absolutely ridiculous seeing as I am almost finished my third year and have only one more year to go, however school has become tedious and scary. Life is hitting me hard. I do not know how I have come to reach this point in my life where I actually feel old. I am not even 21, yet I feel like adulthood is fast approaching and I am unprepared. How am I supposed to get a job? Get my masters? What am I supposed to do with my life? I just want to be a kid and accomplish all these things that I want to do, but I feel like I am running out of time.

This might sound silly to many of you, but I do not think I am alone. Sure, I am not 40 or 50 or going through a mid-life crisis, but maybe I am going through a quarter-life crisis. Time has passed me by faster than I could ever imagine, now is the time to make use of the time that I have and do the things that I want whilst I have the time. Before I have to go and work for the 'man' and conform to the norms society has laid out for me (ie: get a job, get married, have kids, BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA!!!)

I can only escape the 'man' for so long, so in the wise words of Lucas (Empire Records):

"In the immortal words of The Doors, 'The time to hesitate is through.'"

1 comment:

  1. I am going through the same EXACT thing right now!! Don't worry Natasha you are not aloneeeee

    ReplyDelete