Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tonight I shall vent.

You want know what I hate? I hate people that assume things. We are all guilty of this, I have assumed so many things in my life and I always get into trouble for it. Do not pretend you know me, do not make assumptions about who I am as a person or what kind of person I am trying to be! YOU DO NOT KNOW ME.

Another thing, I despise it when people hate on individuality or difference (again I am equally as guilty, but I will do everything in my power to not be in any of these categories). When someone is unique it should be embraced not rejected or mocked! Individuality is a beautiful thing, I would hate to be this cookie cutter girl that 'fits in' with everyone else. I understood the want to conform and be one of the so-called 'cool kids' in high school, at that point no one really knows who they are anyways. But once you reach college/university you should feel comfortable in your own skin and grow into yourself. I have seen a lot of people (I have been one of these people) let their real personality be intimidated into submission and conformity.

Anyway, the point of my vent is that be yourself and do not let others get you down.


"The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character."
  -- Margaret Chase Smith

1 comment: