Monday, April 12, 2010

High Fidelity ♥

This movie was wonderfully made and is definitely one of my favourite movies ever.

The dialogue is fantastic and the different lists cited throughout the film are so entertaining. I love the abundant music references and the fact that John Cusack's  character owns a record store. I've always wanted to work in a record store but I think they are too elitist to ever hire me. :)

In honour of this great movie here are my top five High Fidelity quotes:

1.  Rob: What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

2.  Rob: I'm tired of the fantasy, because it doesn't really exist. And there are never really any surprises, and it never really...
Laura: Delivers?
Rob: Delivers. And I'm so tired of it. And I'm tired of everything else for that matter. But I don't ever seem to get tired of you so...

3.  Barry: I wanna date a musician.
Rob: I wanna live with a musician. She'd write songs at home and ask me what I thought of them, and maybe even include one of our little private jokes in the liner notes.
Barry: Maybe a little picture of me in the liner notes.
Dick: Just in the background somewhere..

4.  Barry: Rob. Top 5 musical crimes perpetrated by Stevie Wonder in the 80s and 90s. Go. Sub-question: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins... is it better to burn out or fade away?

5.  Laura: I'm too tired not to be with you.
Rob: What, so if you had a bit more energy we'd stay split up, but things being as they are, with you being wiped out and all, you want to get back together? Is that it?
Laura: Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. heheheheheheheheheh i reaallyyy love the first 2. this film sounds interesting, maybe i should watch. karina

    ReplyDelete