Monday, May 24, 2010

Found?

You should never let other people dictate your life for you, easy enough to understand and agree with. How many of us actually follow this? Do you really lead your own life? Do people's judgments or what you think people will think of you dictate how you dress, act, etc.? I consider myself a pretty independent person, someone who would rather be herself than be accepted and yet I do let other people get to me. As much as it pains me to admit this I find myself automatically assuming how others will judge a certain action of mine and sometimes I change because of it.

I am a true believer in that whatever makes you happy is what you should be doing, so if you want to wear something out of the ordinary, or sing loudly in a public area, or attend a show that people would deem "uncool" than I suggest that you do it! It is the only thing that will truly make you satisfied with yourself and life, otherwise you are just living in this false reality, where you think that you are happy because you are satisfying others, when really, deep down inside, you are miserable. One day you will combust.

Lead a wonderful, crazy, out of the ordinary life, one that you have created for yourself, and revel in your new found freedom and the possibility of a thousand different possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more!
    From your writer friend you helped find the perfect notebook,
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete