Saturday, January 8, 2011

I have been recently surrounded by what I am assuming is "love". This unknown that constantly infects my life. Everywhere I turn people are 'in it' or talking about it or desiring it, I have no clue how to wrap my head around it. I sit there and sometimes actually convince myself that I want this so called love, however when I weigh my options I think that I am much better off being loved by many and loving very few.

I see people in "love" do the most ridiculous things, just like the old cliche goes: people do crazy things when they are in love. This cannot be more true. People act out in the most erratic manner, they do things they would normally not do, they say things they would normally not say. People do the strangest things to grab the attention of a person they love...embarrassing things even. It does not matter, it is all in the name of love. That is what supposedly makes it ok.

My manager asked me whether I want to get married or not. My friend immediately answered yes, she wants the white-picket fence and all that comes with it. She is the next Martha Stewart. She loves the idea of a fairytale romance and the happy ending. When the question was first posed I actually had to think about it. There was no instant YES! nor was there an instant NO! There was really...not much.

I want to believe in the idea of love. Maybe somewhere deep down inside I hope for it. As of right now I do not quite understand it. It boggles the mind.

Maybe if I met a contemporary Humphrey Bogart, Fred Astaire, or George Peppard. Maybe then I'd believe in love, maybe then I wouldn't have to question. I would simply understand that this was my happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. Martha Stewart says be open to love, there's nothing wrong with it!

    ReplyDelete