Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A View To Kill

I know of one person who is actually reading this blog...even though she should be doing other things! (you know who you are :)) 

Well the scenery driving into Toronto is beautiful, it is no English countryside mind you. For those of you who know me personally or are intuitive, you will know that I love things that are old. Movies, books, music, etc. One of my favourite things to do is to sit down with a nice cup of tea and watch a period movie or read a classic novel. 

I was watching Pride and Prejudice the other day and was thinking how wonderful life would be if when I looked outside my castle window I would see hills and hills of green, wonderful elm trees, lakes, ducks...yes, yes I know this is all here in Canada but the atmosphere is just not the same! 

My train of thought is now jumping from scenery to balls. All of these classic novels and movies show these lavish balls, with images of grandeur. You have these wonderful ball gowns, with lace and chiffon, and then you have the men in their top hats and double-breasted waistcoats. Ahhh to live in the 1800s. 

This post leaves me with one lasting question: 

Mr. Darcy, where are you? 

1 comment:

  1. First person i ever know or will know to say "Ah to live in the 1800's"

    ReplyDelete