Wednesday, September 21, 2011

to be or not to be, that is the question.

Internal conflict of the day:

Say there is a human rights issue that cannot be ignored. You believe in supporting and progressing this issue until its is resolved...BUT what if this particular issue is so delicate and controversial that it could potentially harm your chances of employment? 

I am not the most heavily active person within this cause, I am what you call the bare minimum. I support it with my mind and heart, discuss it with those around me but I rarely participate in anything too crazy that could potentially get me in trouble. 

This makes me feel apathetic and cowardly. How can I say I stand for human rights and justice when I cannot even admit it to others for fear of being dismissed. 

But then again I really do need to be employed, I am a fresh not-so-fresh graduate that needs to be paid!! Therefore, maybe I can pursue these issues once I have steady employment. Is this me making up excuses? Letting myself off the hook?

Three hours left till I reach Toronto...more random thoughts to come. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep 'em coming! I'm here with a blank piece of paper in front of me attempting to write my cover letter....but reading your blog is a bit more entertaining :P

    ReplyDelete