Friday, November 18, 2011

Dear Montréal...

Yesterday I was an emotional wreck and was absolutely devestated when I realised what has been missing all along.

Montreal.


Here is my letter to the city I love.

Dear Montréal,

You have been my best friend and my worst enemy. You have supported me for four years of my adult life and have taught me so much. You have taught me that not everyone has good intentions, but those few extraordinary people in your life need to be valued. You have taught me the value of a dollar, the value of true friendship, the value of family. You have helped me find my way and find myself in the process. You have given me an education. An education in life, love, friendship, not to mention English Literature and Political Science. You have made me realise how much I need my mother in my life. How she is one of the most crucial components to my life. You have ruined relationships. You have created relationships.

Montréal you have opened my eyes. You have shown me who I am and who I can be. You have made me realise that yes -40 degree weather is not all that bad. You make french fries, cheese curds, and gravy seem like a hearty, normal meal. You have taught me how to speak another language, horribly, but another language none the less. Bonjour! Ça va bien? Est-ce que je peux vous aider? Ou sont les toilettes? Je voudrais six McCroquettes... and so much more!

The one thing you really gave me, the most special of them all...you gave me a place to call home. This is the most valuable gift anyone can recieve and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Merci Montréal.

À bientôt. ♥

3 comments:

  1. love you and miss you soooo much
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my eyes water! Love you tasha and miss you like crazy! Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. home misses you...
    let's go order six mccroquettes. this made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete